Thursday, May 6, 2010

Enrique's Journey

I could talk about the assigned sections of Enrique's Journey but I would much rather talk about the book overall. There are many words that come to mind if someone were to ask me what I thought about the book altogther but the first word that comes to mind is, inspiring. Though the book did not have a cliche happy ending like I usually prefer, it was still a happy and positive story in so many ways. Enrique, unlike others who aren't so fortunate, finished his journey.

Sonia Nazario does an excellent job making the book come to life and allowing the readers to envision the harships Enrique had to go through. I really respect her writing because she is telling a story that is real.

Reading about Enrique's encounter was not surprising to me at all. The majority of my family had to go through similar experiences when they migrated from El Salvador to this country. Though i do not know the extent of what they went through, I do know it was a struggle like Enriques. Also similar to Enrique, it took more then one try for them to finally make it to the U.S.

No comments: